Thursday, April 3, 2008

We Need More Parents Like This One

A 16 year old Florida boy got stopped by police for doing 107mph in a 55mph zone. He hasn’t been to court yet, but he’s begun serving the sentence ordered by mom. In addition to having his car taken away, Adam Clark stands along the road near his high school wearing a sign that says “I was stupid. I drove over 100mph and got caught. Thank God! I could have killed me and my friends.” I doubt Adam will ever forget the incident, and hopefully will think twice before putting the pedal down when he gets his car back. Mom says he’ll be out there every day before and after school for the rest of the month. Some will whine that it’s cruel, but I believe if more parents took an approach like this the courts and jails would have a lot more vacancies. Good job mom!

No comments: