Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Day After.......

Well, it’s the day after the somber day at school.
When my son came home yesterday, I asked him if anyone got back to school and said anything in regards to the funeral and he said that he actually went.
I was surprised that he went because he kept saying over and over yesterday morning that he wasn’t going to go............more than likely some friends of his that were going talked him into it.
I’m glad he went because it’s a good experience for him to see that even young people are not immune to such tragedies but it’s also a bit bothersome because of how scary it probably was for everyone, not just him.
He’s been to funerals before but they were for older family members and he’s never seen someone young in the same way, but I think he handled it well.
I asked him how it went and how things were and he said that everyone was crying which is truly a given and then I asked him if he cried and he said yes. He said it was hard for him not too because it finally hit him that he’ll never see him in the hallways anymore, he’ll never be able to talk to him again or see him next door again.
I asked him how Devin looked and he said he was really pale but they did a good job on making him look the same. He said a few of the kids that saw him the day he collapsed were commenting about how good he looked but that he also looked so different...........which I think can be said by all of us in regards to how a deceased person looks at their funeral.
I’ve had people that I hardly recognized even though I just saw them the day or week before they passed.
He said he’s glad he went, that way he was able to say his good-bye’s to Devin and I told him I was very proud of him for going. He’s surprised me ever so much with how he’s dealt with this whole situation.
I have a good boy.

No comments: