Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dead Runny Babbit Experience

Well, I just got home from taking the kids to catch their school bus and when I got back I went straight to the back yard to check on the poopie dog.
Well, Bodey kept messing with something over at the wire fence that is between mine and the bitch's, um I mean my neighbor's yard and I saw something furry.
I first thought I was seeing a squirrel tail and that he had gotten stuck on his way through but as I walked over to it, I saw it's head laying on the ground on my side of the fence and sure enough it was a runny babbbit!!!
I was mortified to say the least!
Bodey had apparently gotten to it as it was struggling to get through the fence but his bootay was too big and he couldn't get through the fence all the way.....his back legs were up off the ground so he had no traction in order to try and get out of the sticky situation he was in.
So, here is all this beautiful bunny fur that my dog had pulled out of it's neck..............awful.
So, instead of allowing my dog to do more damage, I tried to pull it through but he was indeed stuck so I started to squeeze the poor thing back through the way he came........I held back the tears by constantly talking to it, telling it I was so sorry and saying, 'poor baby'......'poor bunny'.
Eventually I got him back through the fence. He was still relatively warm and rigor had not set in yet so I know this had all just happened............it was so freaky though......I kept hoping he wasn't going to start moving......lol.
So, now my dog is a runny babbit murderer........bad Bodey!
Then of course I came back inside and washed my hands straight away and then decided to let you all in on what I just had to deal with..........aren't you just so happy I did that??
So, how did YOUR morning start out???
Mine, nor the bunny's started out too well.......can you tell?

No comments: